Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Neiman Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookies (Amanda Style)


I'm not one for cookies.

I’m one for cookie dough!! Really, I could eat an entire bowl of cookie dough. I also love cookies right when they come out of the oven, and are still pretty much raw. After that initial hot cookie, I can stay away from the sweets that are trying to lure me in. However, when my sister made these for me, I could not resist them! They have blended oatmeal and finely grated heavenly chocolate pieces throughout. I eat all the dough I can, sneak a few right from the oven, and then throw the rest in the freezer so i have a good stash for later....and I try to do it all without my husband knowing, so I don’t have to share!

Neiman Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookies (Amanda Style)

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces milk chocolate, grated

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
Add chocolate chips, grated Hershey Bar. Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375° or until golden.

Recipe from Amanda
Makes about 40 cookies

1 comment:

Brittany said...

What do you mean by blended oatmeal?